Veterans Services

Mohave Community College welcomes the chance to serve the heroes that served America.

We are committed to serving active duty service members, members of the National Guard and Reserves, military veterans, and their families. We hope that you will find the following informational checklist helpful in your transition to life as a student with Mohave Community College.

New Students using VA Educational Benefits

o   Review your VA Education Benefits

o   Apply for your VA Education Benefits

o   Complete the Six Steps for New Students at Mohave Community College

o   Apply for a Pell Grant through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

o   Order your Official Joint Services Transcripts electronically (Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy)

         - veterans of the Air Force: order official transcripts from CCAF

o   Bring a copy of your latest Military Orders or DD-214 when you see your Adviser

o   Bring a copy of your Application for Benefits (or Certificate of Eligibility, if already available

o   Remember, Veterans can receive In-State rates in most cases

o   Remember to check your student email regularly for important updates

Failure to complete these checklist steps may result in delay or denial of benefits.

If you need assistance completing VA forms, call the VA Educational Hotline at 1-888-442-4551

If you need help with your student account, call our help desk number at 1-866-664-2832

If you need to defer payment of your tuition & fees while waiting for your VA education benefits there is an interest-free payment plan available to all students, and a Promissory Note program available for eligible students.

Follow us at #mohaveveterans to see what's happening locally.

Current Veteran Students

o   Verify Monthly Attendance every month online or by calling 888-GIBILL-1 (if required by the VA)

o   Contact the Veterans Services Coordinator at MCC if you do not receive verification of certification, in your student email or by letter form, within 10 days of the start of the semester

o   Contact Disability Services if you need special assistance

o   Meet with your Adviser every semester to complete a new OVA-11

o   Use our free Student Success Center

o   Remember to report any changes in enrollment (such as withdrawing from class) to the Veterans Services Coordinator

o   Remember all information regarding your VA financial aid will be communicated in writing (letter) or email to your student email account - so check your student email regularly

You are welcome at all Student Veterans Club meetings and events. Check your student email for meeting times, locations, and activities.


Continuing Veteran Students

Congratulations on earning your degree at MCC! After completing their degree at Mohave Community College, many of our Veteran Students continue on to earn their Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at universities. Mohave Community College has transfer agreements with universities like Northern Arizona University, Arizona State University, University of Arizona, and many more. Often local students wish to receive Bachelor’s degrees without moving out of the area and choose to take classes “on ground” with MCC while completing university courses online. This can allow us to assist in certifying these students for up to full housing allowances while they work towards their Bachelor’s degree. Contact us if you are interested in more information.